Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Discovering Delicious


Delicious?  Maybe not so much.

My journey to discover the different ins and outs of social media and networking sites led me to the website--Delicious next.  On Delicious, you can "add links" to represent some of your favorite websites.  The purpose?  It's basically like your favorites bar on your computer with a few more options.  These options include the ability to share your links, the ability to access your list from different computers, the ability to tag subjects related to your link, and the ability to comment on your link.

Honestly, I don't think this is that special.  Here's why:
  • You already know your favorite websites and how to access them through Google's all handy search bar.
  • You can post hyperlinks on almost any website you are using for others to use.
  • Before I discovered Delicious, I would just email myself links I needed to remember.  This worked fine.  Delicious really doesn't offer anything novel that I can't live without.
  • I feel that it adds unnecessary and time consuming steps to accessing your sites.  (Which is saying something since I'm a pretty organized perfectionist.)
Here's my Delicious Account:


No comments:

Post a Comment